Tuesday 27 October 2009

Who's Who?

So, do you know the players who represent the Men and Women in the National Squads?
If like us you don't, then it's time we made an effort on your behalf. That's exactly what we intend to do, so using our extensive resources and by calling in lots of markers we have managed to secure profiles of players from both the Senior squads. As the Men kick off first we thought that we might start with a player you may or may not know.
Andy Daish is first up, we very much look forward to watching him play on Saturday.




How did you become involved with Rugby? 
My Dad is welsh so rugby is religion in my parents house.
When did you first start playing? 

I first started playing when I was 6.
What positions do you play? 

I play back row but have played at inside centre and wing this year for Nuneaton.
What Club/s have you played for? 

London Welsh RFC, Birmingham and Solihull RFC and Nuneaton RFC
How many International Caps have you got? 

Played for Sweden 7s in two competitions but I have been capped for Wales Youth U18, Wales Schools U18 and Wales U19.
What's been your best playing experience? 

Scoring the winning try for Wales U18s against England in the U18 4 Nations Tournament infront of my Dad.
Worst playing experience? 

Being relegated from The Championship with Birmingham and Solihull RFC although we won our last 4 games.
Your ambitions within the game? 

To keep improving, keep learning and to give my best performance in every game I can for club and my new country.
What encourages you about the game in Sweden? 

Clubs and players are showing a professional attitude towards all aspects of the game, on and off the field which can only benefit club level and in turn, the national squads.
How do you see your future in the game? 

I see my future, hopefully fulfilling my ambitions in the game and give something back to the game in Sweden, maybe moving over to play for a side.
What's your profession? 

I am Physical Education Teacher.
Marital status? 

I am engaged to my very supportive and understanding fiance, Jo.
Any Children? 

No children.


Our thanks to Andy for his response and for being the first player published,

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see trueswedenrugby!
    Andy welcome to your new country I hope you’ll enjoy it and that the team and management take good care of you, we have our ups and downs but we love rugby.
    Mac

    ReplyDelete