Wednesday 11 November 2009

Who's Who?

This time we feature one of the form players from season 2009. Tim Johansson had one of his best seasons for Enkoping. He seems to have secured  his place in the Swedish squad and rightly so, with age on his side he could develop even further and become one of the best players in Sweden.


How did you become involved with Rugby?
I would have to say my father. He is the one who brought me to all the games.
When did you first start playing?
I was 9 or 10 years old, so 13-14 years ago.
What positions?
Recently I’ve played first five and fullback but before that scrumhalf.
What Club/s have you played for?
Enköping Rugby Club and Te Puke Sports (NZ).
How many International Caps have you been awarded?
I have six caps for the Sweden 15s this far.
Best playing experience?
Must be the SM-finals, especially the home games has a good atmosphere.
And the games over in New Zealand are something I always will remember.

Worst playing experience?
Got a concussion once, could only remember a few bits afterwards and loosing to Exiles is never fun!
Your ambitions within the game?
I want to improve myself and my game and also I would like to try playing professional rugby one year. But I am taking one year at the time and now I’m in school. Make it to the 7s squad is another goal I have.

What encourages you about the game in Sweden?
Having fun just playing rugby is enough and in Enköping we have really good team feeling, it helps.
How do you see the future?
I see myself in 30 years, looking at the boys playing. Telling them how great everything was “back in the days”, how good we were. Like all the old boys today haha.

No but hopefully I can play rugby as long as I can.
Your profession?
At the moment I’m studying at Uppsala University to be a construction engineer 
Marital status?
Single
Children?
No, too young for that


Our thanks to Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment