Thursday 5 November 2009

Who's Who?

Once again the turn of the Ladies and this time we feature one of the younger players in the Squad. Kerstin Lovendahl is tough, extremely fit and dedicated to her sport. She is universally liked and always has a smile for everyone. A star not just of now but for the future.


How did you become involved with Rugby?
It just happened.. I searched for a sport for me, had never play somehthing before. And one day there were posters in my school "Try Rugby" ..I did, and loved if from first day!
When did you first start playing?
I started playing rugby 24th of february 2004, 17years old.
What positions have you played?
Hooker is my "first position", but I really like back row too.. I have played all positions from nr1 to nr15!.. and also 16-22, but I really dislike the last ones!
What Club/s have you played for?
Lugi RFC!.. and a little bit in HRC Gripen too.
How many International Caps do you have?
At least 4, since -08, maybe some more..
What has been your best playing experience?
Best one. I have so many I really love to think about: When Lugi won DM Cup and the way we did it, When I play with the mens team and score a try... and my first game for Sweden against England.. them and many other.
What has been your worst playing experience?
Hm, maybe when I broke a bone in my finger during a national game in WET last year, and was taking off the field.
What are your ambitions within the game?
My ambitions in both Lugi and the National team is to play my best Rugby, improve myself and of course help my team mates to play their best, feel confident and improve themselves... Yes, too be a good team mate in my lovely teams!
What encourages you about the game in Sweden?
I like that teams help other teams to improve, that everyone prefer more teams and more games. It help the Rugby in Sweden and make the small clubs being stronger, the big clubs being even better.. and has taken the ladies National team to VM.. its fantastic, really fantastic!
How do you see the future?

I really hope I could follow my dreams.. I have dreamt so many times about VM and seen myself playing there.. Wonderful dreams, that I will do everything I can to fulfill! 
Later on, I wanna play for Sweden for many years.. both 15 and 7 a side, hopefully in OS, but focus now is the way to VM!
Your profession?
Preschool teacher.
Marital status?
Rugbylover!
Do you have any children?
None of my own, but twenty lovely kids at my work and one godchild on the other side of the earth.


 Take care everyone, LugiLove from me!

Many Thanks Kerstin.

No comments:

Post a Comment