Monday 21 December 2009

Not The Only Gay in The Village.


Arwel Davies-Jones, the fearsome, burly Pontypotty captain and prop, yesterday broke down in a press conference and admitted that he was not gay.
Fighting back the tears, Davies-Jones said: "It's been such a strain; when all the boys josh in the afternoons, discussing fashion and background colour schemes, I used to join in and pretend that I liked rearranging furniture. But deep down, in my soul, I longed to be at the bar, drinking four gallons of Shane's bitter, running round a bar stool and staggering into a wall while singing Delilah."
He went on: "I didn't like going down Old Compton Street in Soho when we played our away games in London, but that was the done thing and although I get severe hay fever, I would make a point to be first on to Hampstead Heath for training runs before games." Continuing to explain, he said: "I knew I was living a lie and I hated it."
After years of turmoil the fearless and proud Valleys boy appears to have reached a point of no return. "In the end I just said 'To hell with it' and I thought if they don't like the fact that I whistle at women from the cab of my 4 x 4 Hummer, while blasting out gangsta rap; if they don't accept that I like Rocky movies and not Priscilla Queen of the Desert then so be it."

1 comment: